Sales to exotic locations

edited December 1969 in GENERAL CHAT
I thought there was already a thread on this but I can't find it, so here's a new one.<br /><br />I have an ABE order from Ambon Island, Maluku.

Comments

• Wow, never even heard of it!
  • Neither had I.<br /><br />Not sure if it beats New Caledonia, or Wrangell Island.
  • on 1385119987:
    <br />Neither had I.<br /><br />Not sure if it beats New Caledonia, or Wrangell Island.<br />
    <br /><br />I've sent a warship book to New Caledonia.
  • One to Belarus today, think that's another first for me.
  • The postcard I sent to China arrived safely - Yay!<br /><br />Not heard from Saudi Arabia yet.<br /><br />Not very exotic but distant and unusual destinations.
  • Just sent an album of photos to Sarawak - that's a bit more exotic ;D
  • I sent another one to Belarus last week.
  • I think Wigan is about as exotic as I have got lately  :D
  • I sent a book to slovakia yesterday
  • on 1389698797:
    <br />I sent a book to slovakia yesterday<br />
    <br /><br />My Grandpa came from Slovakia (it was Moravia/Bohemia in those long distant days before WW1).
  • on 1389717444:
    <br />
    on 1389698797:
    <br />I sent a book to slovakia yesterday<br />
    <br /><br />My Grandpa came from Slovakia (it was Moravia/Bohemia in those long distant days before WW1).<br />
    <br /><br />that's amazing. Bohemia sounds better,  very exotic!
  • How about August Bank Holiday Island?<br /><br />http://youtu.be/jJoyHBuZCeU?t=6m37s
  • One to Hungary today, haven't sold to there for a while.
  • I have an order to India today!
  • Another first for me - Ecuador.
  • ooh  err, got one for the Ukraine today!  ???  Odessa, always sounds incredibly exotic to me, so should be all right.  ::)
  • on 1396263590:
    <br />ooh  err, got one for the Ukraine today!  ???  Odessa, always sounds incredibly exotic to me, so should be all right.  ::)<br />
    <br /><br />Teach yourself Russian? How to emigrate to the West? Grow your own red cabbage?
  • I sent a postcard to Romania (another first for me). Posted it on the 27th and had feedback today - so the postal service in Romania appears to be very efficient.
  • Well there can't be many people left there.
  • Right! They're all over here! :D
  • Just had my first (and possibly last) sale to East Java this afternoon.........
  • I did that!!! It was my talk of Java on another thread wot magicked that one up for you! :wee_hee:
  • on 1401392621:
    <br />I did that!!! It was my talk of Java on another thread wot magicked that one up for you! :wee_hee:<br />
    <br /><br />That's exactly what I though at the time  :c017:<br /><br />I have visions in my head of Krakatoa now, although the film was wrongly titled as Krakatoa was actually west of Java, not east of Java. I once won a game of Trivial Pursuit because I knew that!
  • I knew that too! I saw that film in Leicester Square courtesy of Ford one Christmas as a Christmas beano for the children of their employees and one of the adults on the coach made a big thing of it. Always stuck in my head.
  • There you are you see - we must, in reality, be twins separated at birth. It's just that I am 10 years older than you.................  :happybirthday3:<br /><br />Which also gives me a very tentative link to the birthday emoticon, which I haven't been able to use before. Do I mean tentative?
  • Tenuous, I think.
  • That's the word. I was a bit tentative about using "tentative" - knew it wasn't right but the old brain cells were asleep and no help whatsoever. Sometimes I worry that I'm going ga-ga....  :whoo:
  • Sri Lanka - I think that's another first for me.
  • I've just worked out I've sent to 64 countries on eBay so far.<br /><br />Albania<br />Argentina<br />Australia<br />Austria<br />Bahrain<br />Belarus<br />Belgium<br />Bermuda<br />Brazil<br />Brunei<br />Bulgaria<br />Canada<br />China<br />Croatia<br />Cyprus<br />Czech Republic<br />Denmark<br />Ecuador<br />El Salvador<br />Estonia<br />Finland<br />France<br />Germany<br />Greece<br />Grenada<br />Hong Kong<br />Hungary<br />Iceland<br />India<br />Ireland<br />Israel<br />Italy<br />Japan<br />Kazakhstan<br />Latvia<br />Lithuania<br />Luxembourg<br />Macau<br />Malaysia<br />Malta<br />Mexico<br />Netherlands<br />New Caledonia<br />New Zealand<br />Norway<br />Philippines<br />Poland<br />Portugal<br />Republic of Korea<br />Romania<br />Russia<br />Singapore<br />Slovakia<br />South Africa<br />Spain<br />Sri Lanka<br />Sweden<br />Switzerland<br />Taiwan<br />Thailand<br />Turkey<br />UK<br />Ukraine<br />USA<br />
  • Humm, but obviously not selling quickly enough if you've got time to be working that out! :72: