RANDOM STUFF

edited May 2016 in GENERAL CHAT
Is there a drivelly thread anywhere so I don't have to start lots of individual threads?<br /><br />Anyway, watch this. I am filled with optimism!<br /><br />http://www.tidallagoonswanseabay.com/film.aspx

Comments

• Here you go Angela
  • Thanks S haun, but where?  :)<br /><br />Oh I see! Sorry - still on a big learning curve  :-[
  • You are pinned near the top of the General Chat Board, Angela. And looking very fetching there, but I hope the pin is strong because its a long way dooooooowwwwwwwnnnnn
  • ooh, get you with your fancy new teapot!  8)
  • Its me new outfit. Got it in the sale at Tea J Maxx today  ;D
  • My favourite shop! Bought some  ?105 Liebeskind shoes there last week for a piddly ?18.99  :)
  • Oooh, you shoe-tart!
  • Only bought them 'cos they're so comfy but I'll probably never wear them - they've got studded toecaps!
  • I was going to say you can post your drivel in Alice's Bar ... that's what it was created for ... but now we have two places!!<br /><br />Just like the bar and the cave on t'other boards!<br /><br />S
  • However long they last
  • on 1399659375:
    <br />I was going to say you can post your drivel in Alice's Bar ... that's what it was created for ... but now we have two places!!<br /><br />Just like the bar and the cave on t'other boards!<br /><br />S<br />
    <br /><br />I thought it was mainly about food and where you can eat it. I'm not much interested in food so I stopped looking.
  • Has nobody watched the video about the lagoon?  :'(
  • I did and it is ambitious. What happens if the tide forgets to come in?
  • on 1399662132:
    <br />Has nobody watched the video about the lagoon?  :'(<br />
    <br /><br />I know about the lagoon -- it was in the Times, I think, with diagram and so on. Haven't seen video. Seems okay as long as environmental concerns are met. I wonder how they would stop it silting up though?
  • watch it on the link, Barry. It's only 5 mins.
  • on 1399660285:
    <br />
    on 1399659375:
    <br />I was going to say you can post your drivel in Alice's Bar ... that's what it was created for ... but now we have two places!!<br /><br />Just like the bar and the cave on t'other boards!<br /><br />S<br />
    <br /><br />I thought it was mainly about food and where you can eat it. I'm not much interested in food so I stopped looking.<br />
    <br /><br />It did go that way I guess ... never mind - I'll close it down!<br /><br />S ;)
  • on 1399714602:
    <br />
    on 1399660285:
    <br />
    on 1399659375:
    <br /><br />I thought it was mainly about food and where you can eat it. I'm not much interested in food so I stopped looking.<br />
    <br /><br />It did go that way I guess ... never mind - I'll close it down!<br /><br />S ;)<br />
    <br /><br />Goodness, you shouldn't close it down. It was only a personal view. Lots of folk are very keen on food, often hugely keen. Worth keeping it going just for that.
  • I nom nom nom in ate keeping it open!
  • ;D  ;D
  • on 1399714602:
    <br />
    on 1399660285:
    <br />
    on 1399659375:
    <br /><br />It did go that way I guess ... never mind - I'll close it down!<br /><br />S ;)<br />
    <br /><br />Don't do that, judging by the number of times Angela posts on Facebook from restaurants she is very interested in food!  :-\<br /><br />Sorry Raggsie  :-*
  • Cheeky beggar! Any news on Antonia? <br />It's OK I've found it :-)<br />
  • I hate magpies, have just seen one drop a dead bird in my border and it has tried to hide it for later after removing its legs - yuk. I hav just put it in a plastic bag but not sure what to do with it as the magpie was giving me the evil eye as I was doing it.
  • on 1400084183:
    <br />I hate magpies, have just seen one drop a dead bird in my border and it has tried to hide it for later after removing its legs - yuk. I hav just put it in a plastic bag but not sure what to do with it as the magpie was giving me the evil eye as I was doing it.<br />
    <br /><br />Might have been better just to leave it - now the magpie will have to go out and find another bird for its supper! Magpies are beautiful birds with rather unpleasant habits but they are only doing what magpies do. No malice is intended - unlike the human bl**dy race :(
  • If only they could get somebody else to kill it, remove the inedible bits and put it in a plastic pack in a brightly lit area.<br /><br />The do make a right bloody racket though.
  • A family of crows have sort have taken over our garden. They have a nest in a tree 20 or so yards down the road behind the garden. Been there for some years now, prior to that it was in a different tree that the council cut down. I have actually become quite fond of them although we rarely see the range of birds that we used to. It was amusing last year watching the young learning to fly, three of them all seemingly trying to outdo the others. <br /><br />This year papa or mama crow keep flying down to the bird bath with bits of food and dunking them in the water. ;) 
  • A magpie with young (nesting in our tree last year) literally chased next door's cat down the street, ON FOOT!
  • Our resident ring doves today introduced their brood of six likely looking youngsters. Only a fraction of the size of their vast, obese parents. Wonder they can fly.
  • We have a pair of wood pigeons that like to use our back fence for their more amorous moments. Glad I'm not a lady pigeon  ;D
  • on 1400173891:
    <br />We have a pair of wood pigeons that like to use our back fence for their more amorous moments. Glad I'm not a lady pigeon  ;D<br />
    <br /><br />We are helplessly watching magpies stalking our bird boxes, which have baby blue tits in. It's only a matter of time, isn't it? :'( :'(
  • Love woodpigeons, they are so chubby and comical! Last autumn I counted 16 wandering about the back garden all at the same time. Love 'em  :)